Guidelines for formation of NGO
CHECK LIST FOR REGISTRATION WITH THE CENTRAL GOVERNMENT UNDER THE FCRA, 1976 FOR THE ACCEPTANCE OF FOREIGN CONTRIBUTION BY AN ASSOCIATION HAVING A DEFINITE CULTURAL, ECONOMIC, EDUCATIONAL, RELIGIOUS OR SOCIAL PROGRAMME
- Form FC-8 duly filled up in triplicate.
- Copy of Certificate of Registration issued by Registrar of Societies/Trust Deed.
- Copy of Memorandum of Association and Rules and Regulations of society.
- Copy of Certificates of Exemption or Recognition issued to the society under Sections
- 80G, 12A, of Income Tax Act, 1961.
- Copy of any earlier permission granted to the society, if any.
- The Trust/Society must be in existence for at least 3 years.
- Report on the activities of the association during last three years.
- Audit Report and Balance Sheet of Accounts of the association for the past three years.
- Copy of resolution of Governing Body of association authorising obtaining of Registration under FCRA.
- Copy of Power of Attorney/Resolution of Governing Body by which chief functionary has been authorised to submit Form FC-8.
- List of present members of the Governing Body of the society and of office bearers.
The application for seeking registration shall be submitted with:
Secretary, Ministry of Home Affairs, FCRA Division, 26 Jaislamer House, Mansing Road New Delhi
- Application for registration is normally disposed off within 6 months.
- If functioning as editor, owner, printer or publisher of a publication registered under the press and Registration of Books Act, 1867, a certificate from the press Registrar that the publication is not a newspaper in terms of section 1(1) of the said Act.
- Rs. 10,00,000 during last 3 years or Rs. 2,00,000 each year in last 3 years must be expanded on the main activity, other than administrative expenses.
It normally takes 6 months for application to be approved.